The end of September marked 5 years since I decided to start my blog. Let me start by saying that the things I learned these past 5 years are based upon my personal experience only and I hope it gives you a little insight about me on a personal level and maybe Inspire you to open one too♥
I have loved FASHION since I can remember, from styling friends to making my own clothes, style runs deep in my veins. I think my biggest fashion Inspo was my grandmother, She showed me how to style and how to shop. I had contemplated on opening a blog for about two years before I decided to take the leap. Back then this was just a hobby, now it has grown to be one of my passions.
On September 1, 2013 I lost my grandmother to Heart disease and it broke my Heart. She raised my siblings and I while my parents worked hard 24/7, she was my second mom. I know this is a bit personal but it is the truth about why I decided to go for it! I found writing as an outlet or a coping mechanism for my loss. Maybe some of you can relate? Even now my blog has served me as an outlet from motherhood. I love being mom but sometimes it’s nice to express myself through this.
So here are the 5 things I learned over the last few years!
- Stay true to yourself. I know you probably hear this all the time but it’s so true. Dont lose yourself in this community and stay humble. There aren’t enough likes or views in the world that can make me want to change who I am.
- Find your drive and use that towards your blogs evolution. So at first it was all about the fashion and style tips. Now we have evolved into more lifestyle especially since having my son. I felt driven to share my motherhood journey on here and to also let mamas know they don’t have to lose themselves.
- Take notes/ write down topics. I have a book I carry around where I write down anything that inspires me or ideas for the blog.
- Be consistent. This one is still hard for me especially being a fulltime worker and mommy. I rather live in the moment and give my family my full attention. What I do now is complete all my mommy duties first, then I stay up late and write. Taking content pictures and writing makes me happy, but it is time consuming so plan accordingly.
- Blogging is suppose to be fun! But this not the case every time. There is a lot of time and effort that goes into each post and sometimes it can be stressful. What I do to balance that is take a break and refresh.
There you have it guys, just a few things I learned these past 5 years. I know that I have a long way to go still, but I’m content with how far I’ve come. I am also thankful for the beautiful readers that have been reading and supporting my blog since day one! The best is yet to come♥